Well child visits should be scheduled in advance. We assess growth and development, discuss early detection and prevention of illness through screening tests and immunization, and counsel parents about changes which you can expect before the next well child check.
- When you come to the office, please be prepared to stay at least an hour. Working with acutely sick children and emergencies may prolong your stay. Be assured that we work as fast and as safely as we can.
- Well-care examinations are seldom if ever performed when the child is sick.
- The doctor designates a recheck office visit when he briefly re-examines a limited part of the patient; i.e., a follow-up of an ear infection.
- When you are shown to the examining room, undress your child except for his or her diaper or underpants. A gown will be provided if needed.
- Food and gum should be out of your child’s mouth before exam begins.
- Please refrain from using your cell phone while the physician is in the room.