· Telephone number for during/after office hours: 770-476-9885.
· For non-urgent medical questions, please call during office hours and leave a message for the phone nurse. She will call you back as soon as possible, but please remember that we receive many calls every day, and there may be some delay based on the volume of phone calls that day. If you have a more urgent concern about your sick child, it is best to make an appointment to have your child seen by one of our physicians. It is best to call earlier in the day if you would like your child to be seen that day. Please do not call the phone nurse repeatedly during the day, as this only delays our nurses further. If you request to speak with a physician directly, your call may not be returned until the end of the day, as they are actively seeing patients during office hours. Please notify the nurse as to the nature of the call so she can leave a message with your physician.
· Our providers are on call for urgent medical questions when the office is closed at nights and on the weekends. Please reserve non-urgent calls for during office hours. If your child has a true medical emergency, please call 911 or take your child to the nearest emergency room.
· Make sure to have your child's pharmacy phone number and operating hours prior to calling for medication refills. Please have an idea of an approximate weight for your child, and if they have any drug allergies.
· When calling the office with medical questions after office hours, you will be connected to the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta pediatric advice line.